Science Solutions Recruitment are looking to recruit on behalf of one of our clients based in Manchester for a Lead Applications Engineer position.
In order to be considered for this position as a Lead Applications Engineer, you must possess significant experience in industry in a similar position. This role has an emphasis on facing customers, any customer facing experience is highly advantageous.
As a Lead Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for liaising with customers to understand their specific design requirements, taking a leadership role in design validation and qualification testing and also working closely internally across cross functional teams.
Sealing design experience is essential for this role.
- Educated to bachelors level minimum in chemistry, materials engineering, polymer chemistry, mechanical engineering or a similar field.
- Significant previous experience in industry, any previous customer facing experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in working with high temperature polymers such as PTFE, PFA and PEEK.
- Strong understanding of engineering design, modelling and simulation software.
- Experience of using composite in fluid management applications is advantageous.
- Engaging with customers during all stages of product life cycle to thoroughly understand their specific design requirements while providing world call solutions to any issues that arise.
- Work closely with both the R&D and sales team.
- Attend educational workshops as and when required to maintain professional and technical knowledge and keeping up to date with new industry technology.
- Take up a leadership role in design validation and qualification testing.