Role: Technical Coordinator
Location: North west
A lead food manufacturer located in the north west are looking for a Technical Co-ordinator to join their team. As Technical Co-ordinator, you will have a HACCP and Food Hygiene qualification, have at least 3 years' experience working in a food technical position, and you will have experience working a GMP quality environment.
- Guaranteeing the site corresponds to all aspects of the BRC standards
- Assisting with auditing the policies and procedures as included in the Quality Manual
- Support in achieving and maintaining AA or A Grade BRC accreditation.
- Guaranteeing all customer Quality/Technical requests are answered to in a timely manner.
- Supporting the QA Manager with the supervision of the QA team and systems.
- Management and initiation of investigations for all customer complaints in conjunction with the Factory Manager, Production Managers and Maintenance functions as appropriate.
- Certifying all procedures in the Quality Manual and HACCP Manual are sufficient and adhered to especially with respect to Critical Control Points to ensure production of a safe and legal product meeting all quality criteria and customer specification requirements.
- Aiding the Process Technologist in the authorisation and maintenance of raw material and final product specifications and labels in a controlled format.
- Supporting the implementation of the NPD process and product through the gate system to launch.
- Assisting the Technical Manager with customer visits, external audits, and approval audits.
- Carrying out Factory Audits of the site and ensuring non-conformances are pursued to an agreed solution.
- Planning internal Audits and arranging these to be done by independent qualified auditors.
- Ensuring hygiene schedules, microbiological testing and swabbing regimes are adhered to and food safety issues are addressed.
- Deputise in the absence of the technical manager with issues relating to the Quality Management System.
- Be able to carry out product traceability exercise.
- To provide cover for the QA Manager, QC Operatives as required.
- HACCP Qualification.
- Advanced Food Hygiene Qualification
- At least 3 years food industry experience.
- Ability to understand and act upon written and verbal instructions.
- Basic understanding of general mechanics
- Be able to fit into and work as part of a Team.
- Capable of working with no supervision.