Technical Assistant / Quality Administrator
Salary £25,000 per annum
Monday - Friday
You will be working for a leading UK manufacturer in household products, working with a diverse portfolio of retailers supplying bespoke products. Fast paced categories with ever evolving trends and a host of ground-breaking products coming to market on a regular basis. You will be part of a growing business with a well established technical and compliance team.
You will be an enthusiastic Quality Administrator, supporting the Quality Manager in coordinating the activities required to meet the quality standards set for a range of FMCG's. You will ensure that quality is consistent from batch to batch and meets both external and internal requirements. You will be concerned with developing, monitoring, and advising on the performance and attributes of the Solent Product Portfolio. Producing data and reporting on performance, measuring against set standards, and submission of product attribute data to 3rd parties. You will have experience of working in a technical quality management role and have good working knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
- Review all customer requirements and ensure they are being met and evidence is documented - for example, the use of cruelty free certified ingredients, sustainable palm, vegan raw materials, recycled plastic. Review and implement procedures to capture and report this data internally and externally.
- Monitor and report internal standards and targets for product quality, safety, and legality. Keep abreast of evolving legislation, (UK Reach, EU REACH, Biocides, Detergents, Plastics) and advise technical and development colleagues in advance of any regulations coming into force. Work closely with external bodies such as CTPA, UKCPI.
- Measure and trend complaints from all customers and communicate trends to supplier partners - propose and implement corrective action plans where trends are identified.
- In the case of a serious consumer complaint, help the Quality Manager carry out a full investigation with route cause analysis and liaise with the consumer or retailer to agree corrective action plans.
- Where necessary set up and maintain internal controls and documentation procedures.
- Maintain and improve existing Solent policies and make suggestions for changes and improvements and how to implement them.
- Measure performance and identify any areas of weakness, recommending and implementing improvements.
- Liaise with cross functional team to provide training, tools, and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards.
- Where appropriate - devising and establishing quality procedures, standards, and specifications for a newly acquired businesses - ultimately integrating these into the wider Solent Group quality management system.
- Co-ordinate with the Quality manager and Technical managers to plan and oversee internal quality testing, reporting results and plans for product improvements where necessary.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 25 days holiday per annum, increasing to 27 days after 3 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Extensive benefits programme including buying additional holiday, medical cash plan, access to mental health support and many other benefits
- Flexible hours and work from home available to all staff
- Great learning and development and progression opportunities · Yearly bonus structure (based on company targets)
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Generous Company Sick Pay
- Pension Scheme Contribution
- Solent social events run by our inhouse Social Team
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Dress down Fridays