Role: Senior NPD Technologist
Hours: Mon-Fri 08:00-16:30 (flexi-time also available)
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary Package: Generous employee benefit package, plus competitive salary DOE
As a Senior NPD Technologist/Product Developer, you will be responsible for working alongside the company's development chefs in order to take new food products from their concept to handover, whilst sticking to the required time schedule and maintaining critical path!
About the company:
Despite the company's growth, they still maintain their original 'family' feel after decades of product development, innovation and production, and always maintain the highest possible work standards in the food sector.
This company's main customers include some of Britain's largest chain supermarkets, as well as Michelin Star restaurants, whom they supply high-quality British food products to.
If you have a keen, analytical eye and mindset and a genuine interest in culinary trends and food in general, plus 2+ years' experience in an NPD role in the food sector, this role is for you!
- Provide support and organisation to the whole new product development team.
- Use your knowledge of food trends to present new food products to customers across the country.
- Act as the project manager/lead for the customer, and ensure that the correct product standards are adhered to.
- Organise testing on new ingredients to determine the their commercial appeal before launch
- Maintain high brand standards and ensure new products are in line with what the company stands for!
- Maintain critical path
- Assist our development chefs in creating new food product concepts, to take through to launch. We may be designing summer barbecue packs, Halloween-themed flavours or Christmas treats!
Senior NPD Technologist Product Development , Food , Beverage , FMCG , R&D , Manager
Experience and skills required:
- MS Office proficiency is essential
- Previous experience in food development
- Kitchen/chef experience would be perfect
- Understanding & interest in current food trends
- You will ideally have a relevant degree, but not essential if you have extensive experience
Company benefits on offer:
- Free car parking on our site
- Discretionary yearly bonus
- Staff shopping, with £1 food bargains!
- Cycle-to-Work programme
- Subsidised lunch in our canteen
- 3% Pension workplace contribution
- Discounts at 100's of retailers that we work with