This is a great job opportunity for a synthetic organic chemist with either a track record in industrial (synthetic) chemistry, or a PhD, to manage an R&D project in novel silicone chemistry at a performance chemical manufacturer based in the South East region. The R&D Chemist role will initially last 6 months to get this new client-led project off the ground and prove the chemistry in the areas of silicone monomers. The successful appointment will build upon their chemistry to maximise client- and project-management skills, with the opportunity to take your chemistry onto plant-scale production.
Your day to day duties as the R&D Chemist will be:
- Execution of synthetic projects utilising a variety of organic chemistry methodology
- Managing this important R&D project for a key client, investigating future revenue streams
- Collaborating with other scientists and production staff to support your chemistry moving to plant scale production
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant chemistry field
- A track record in synthetic route design and execution in industry
- A good team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to create and innovate
This client is already interviewing for this immediately starting 6 month contract role so apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum).
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up six years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.