A leading manufacturer within the coatings sector, are recruiting for a Process Chemist at their state of the art facility in the Merseyside area. As a Process Chemist, you will be responsible for making sure all manufactured products are manufactured sustainably and competitively that meet cost, quality and time requirements. You will be responsible for process development and optimisation as well as creating a manufacturing strategy for new products.
To be considered for this Process Chemist position you will have a degree in Chemistry or closely related subject, as well as previous industrial experience within a process plant manufacturing position. Previous experience in launching products from within the polymers, chemicals or pharmaceutical industries would be highly desirable, as would possessing a green belt in Six Sigma.
- Support the creation of manufacturing strategies for new products.
- Design and optimise the manufacturing and test processes of new products.
- Oversee scale up batch production.
- Assess safety of any new raw materials through COSHH assessments, and equipment and processes through HAZOP.
- Work closely with Operations to advise on formulation and filling process requirements
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry or closely related subject.
- Previous industrial experience within a process plant manufacturing position.
- Previous experience of driving process improvements
- Six Sigma Green Belt would be highly desirable