Role: Microbiologist - UKAS Laboratory ISO 17025
Salary: £ competitive
Science Solutions Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity for a Microbiologist to join our clients UKAS ISO 17025 Laboratory based in Preston. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person, you only require a basic knowledge of Microbiology as full training is on offer here. You will work within a top of the range new laboratory and get to use some of the top of the range equipment within the industry.
- To comply with all related UKAS requirements regarding testing of products and associated procedures.
- To perform disinfectant tests and prepare test reports.
- Maintain laboratory cultures and perform media Quality Control procedures.
- Perform equipment calibrations accurately according to the programme.
- Perform audits as required.
- Maintain records on the laboratory's SharePoint system.
- Arrange external calibration and servicing.
- Participation in proficiency schemes for test performance.
- Use the non-conforming testing procedures to record non-conformities, corrective/ preventive actions and identify risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Report any discrepancies in testing or equipment parameters to the Microbiology Manager.
- Order cultures, media, disposables, equipment and any other goods required for use in the laboratory. Maintain accurate records of supplier's compliance to standards.
- Follow all procedures for Cosmetic products e.g. sampling and testing of cosmetic products raw materials and water, manufacturing area environmental monitoring and cosmetic production water testing, storage of cosmetic samples and maintenance of records and performing audits.
- Liaise with production department regarding manufacture of cosmetic products, and hygiene procedures.
- Perform PUWER checks and stock takes, as necessary.
- Degree or equivalent qualification / BTEC / A-Level in Biology or Microbiology.
- Experience in a microbiology laboratory, preferably UKAS accredited.
- Desired Skills, Personal Qualities & Behavioural Competencies:
- Knowledge of microbiological techniques for enumeration and identification of bacteria and fungi.
- Computer literacy with Office 365, Excel spreadsheets, Outlook.
- Good communication within a small team and good organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload.