Here is a career progression opportunity for an analytical scientist who has extensive work experience on lab-based software systems but wants to move away from their lab-work, or indeed an established data systems expert looking for a new position within a high-performing team at an ambitiously expanding pharmaceutical firm based in Northern Ireland. The LIMS system administrator role has both internal and external client/supplier project management duties to ensure the best technology is available to the scientists. The successful appointment will develop their experience of high value project management for excellent career progression potential.
Your day to day duties as the LIMS system administrator will be:
- Project managing the implementation of updates and brand new I.T. systems
- Consulting with suppliers and vendors to identify and coordinate more efficient ways of working
- Liaison with other teams on-site, e.g. quality assurance, to provide top class data integrity to clients operating in the drug discovery space
- Managing demanding timescales and budgets, with several projects running simultaneously
- Working on relationships with clients with lab-based troubleshooting where required
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant scientific field
- A track record of use of industry-standard LIMS type systems
- Solid knowledge of GMP compliance pertinent to pharmaceutical formulation
- A good team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
This client is planning to interview ASAP for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up six years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.