Formulation Scientist - Hair care
£60,000 - £70,000 dependent on experience
A leading hair care organisation are currently looking to add an exceptionally talented Formulation Scientist to join their team, this organisation is a well-established business who have innovation at the heart of everything they do and they're now looking for a Scientific professional to be a part of their growth plans by developing their full hair care range.
The role holder will be responsible for identifying an understanding consumer needs, keeping abreast of the latest trends of the market and identifying new technologies, you will guide disruptive innovation and develop ideas for the future product pipeline!
- Identify and understand consumer needs, understand gaps in the product range and develop innovative hair care products
- Keeping abreast of the latest trends of the industry, identify new technologies and ingredients to support in the development of a leading hair care range
- Work in close partnership with commercial teams to understand consumer needs and translate these into clear technical design and briefs
- Develop ideas for the innovation pipeline, co-develop product claims with the marketing team based on hair science
- Translate the needs to technical product briefs, managing the portfolio of products, leading scientific claims and feasibility
- Develop methods for product testing and analysis to support claims and quality control
- Experience in hair care formulation
- Scientific background, a degree in the field (ideally Chemistry)
- Experience within FMCG or similar proven track record in developing products
- Creative, problem-solving skills and ability to manage new innovation projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven leadership experience, as well as good stakeholder management (line management, marketing, external suppliers etc.)