Science Solutions are recruiting for a Formulation Chemist to join a leading manufacturer of textile coatings based in the Greater Manchester area. The role involves formulating and testing new finishes for textiles, as well as evaluating formulations via physical and mechanical testing and colour-matching. As a Formulation Chemist with this company, you will also be responsible for quality procedures such as COSHH reports, laboratory staff training and failure investigation.
For this Formulation Chemist role, you will be degree educated in Chemistry or a similar allied subject with some experience of formulation, ideally within coatings. You will also have knowledge of internal quality procedures, with an understanding of COSHH and Risk Assessment procedures.
- Develop new textile coatings, creating new formulations within the mixing and coating plant.
- Evaluate product formulations by testing their physical and mechanical properties.
- Undertake colour matching and batch corrections with understanding of the dispensing and mixing systems.
- Collaborate with the laboratory manager in daily duties and maintaining internal quality standards via clear Risk Assessment, COSHH and SOP documentation.
- Assist with the day-to-day laboratory testing of formulations, providing staff training where necessary.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree qualification in Chemistry or a similar allied subject.
- Experience within formulation and ideally coatings.