We are currently recruiting for a Development Chemist for a global leader within the chemicals sector for their site in Manchester. As a Development Chemist you will be responsible for carrying out a range of development projects, involving the formulation of pressroom chemicals. Pressroom chemicals include washes, fountain solutions, cleaners and various solvents and solutions that are used within the printing industry.
To be considered for this Development Chemist, you will be degree educated in Chemist along with previous industrial experience in formulating pressroom chemicals, personal care or household products. We would also consider those with formulation experience within the inks and coatings sector.
- Plan and carry out development projects of pressroom chemicals.
- Raw materials evaluation and selection.
- Hands on formulation of a range of products including cleaners, washes and solvents.
- Contribute to SHE and continuous improvement activities.
- Communicate effectively across internal departments.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry.
- Previous formulation experience within the pressroom chemicals, coatings, personal care or household sector.
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple internal teams.
- A good working knowledge of the printing industry would be highly desirable.