Salary £50,000-£70,000 DOE per annum
Monday - Friday
A global scientific consultancy-based Contract Research Organisation (CRO) with in-house laboratory testing capabilities, rapidly developing its position as a full-service solutions provider to the life sciences sector.
As a Consultant Toxicologist you will support clients with their pursuits of regulatory compliance. Within the role you will adhere to protocols for the preparation of Toxicology profiles of chemicals and ensure that these protocols are followed by the Toxicology team. As the SME you will communicate effectively with Non clinical Workstream leads and other toxicologists to determine toxicological evaluation with computational methods. In the role of Consultant Toxicologist, you will undertake toxicological analysis using computational methods (QSAR) modelling programmes and providing expert judgement for results of toxicology analyses. You will oversee Associate Toxicologists to ensure that correct protocols are being followed. Part of the role of a Consultant Toxicologist you will provide oversight and senior review of all deliverables, including toxicology profiles, computational toxicology results, and risk assessments. Where necessary, prepare toxicology profiles and perform risk assessments for chemicals. As a Consultant Toxicologist you will support with preparation of systematic toxicological literature reviews and understand concepts of Cramer classification and TTC (Thresholds of toxicological concern)
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in Toxicology or related field (essential)
- PhD in Toxicology (desirable)
- Registered Toxicologist status (ERT/DABT etc)
- At least 10 years' experience in applied toxicology and risk assessment
- Experience with computational modelling software: OECD Toolbox, ToxTree and Lhasa
- Proven ability in technical writing and communications.
- Proven self-learner.
- Can demonstrate business / commercial acumen.
- Proven project management skills.
- Can demonstrate drive and motivation.
What you'll get in return
- day off every third week in addition to your standard holidays. (This is an optional benefit)
- Annual leave which increases annually (to a maximum of 25 days plus public holidays)
- Annual performance bonus
- Annual salary review
- Healthcare cashback plan
- Insurance policies to cover long term sickness absence
- Death in service benefit of two times annual salary
- Cycle to work and Tech discounts