We are currently recruiting for a Polymer Chemist for global chemicals and materials manufacturer based in Essex. This will be within a central applications and technology team working across multiple areas of the business. As a Polymer Chemist you will be responsible for executing applications development and polymer technology projects across multiple functions to assess the project feasibility.
To be considered for this Polymer Chemist position, you will be degree educated in Chemistry with some industrial experience ideally from the polymers sector. This role will cover a range of skills including synthesis, applications, formulation, analysis and technical services - so we are considering someone who possesses any of these skills however also looking at recent graduates of Chemistry.
- Independently plan and execute technical innovation or application projects.
- Analyse data from various projects to understand project feasibility.
- Develop and maintain technologies and capability in various technical fields.
- Apply a variety of skills across various R&D functions including synthesis, analysis, formulation and applications.
Knowledge and Experience
- BSc in Chemistry or closely related subject.
- Previous industrial experience ideally from within the polymers sector.
- Skilled in synthesis, formulation, analysis or applications development is highly desirable.
- Ability to analyse data and present findings.
- Having a good understanding of process safety and chemical hazards would be highly desirable.