Currently recruiting for a Chemist to join a specialist polymer manufacturer to work within their laboratory and development team at their site in Hertfordshire. As a Chemist, you will be responsible for assisting in all laboratory and technical aspects including conducting various polymer research and development projects, the reporting of development results, carrying out the relevant qc and product testing as well as quality assurance.
To be considered for this Chemist position, you will be at least BSc educated in Chemistry, Polymer Science or closely related subject. We are open to looking at straight Chemistry graduates, however those who have industrial experience within a laboratory, with an understanding of chemical H&S and quality management systems would be highly desirable.
- Assist in various R&D functions and new product development.
- Reporting of R&D results and findings to external parties.
- Conducting and reporting of QC testing.
- Maintain raw materials H&S records and SDS's.
- Undertake various laboratory bench work ensuring safe working practices are maintained.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree educated in Chemistry, Polymer Science or closely related subject.
- Previous experience within a laboratory would be highly desirable.
- Previous knowledge of SDS's, quality management systems and knowledge of polymers/plastics would also be desirable.