This is your opportunity as a highly experienced chemist with proven industrial R&D expertise in areas such as heterogeneous catalyst screening and process application trials, to progress your career into a Commercialisation Manager position. The Commercialisation Manager will work closely with the laboratory team engaged in a full range of R&D and application studies, but this position mainly plays an important outwardly-facing business development role in the team. This means the successful appointment will represent the company, developing relationships with prospective customers by arranging meeting and appearances at conferences. This spin-out company can offer a permanent role at the end of a 12 month initial contract based upon the successful development of several clients for their unique technology which offers a range of "green chemistry" alternatives and solutions so will be winning many awards and grants in the near future.
Your day to day duties as a Commercialisation Manager will be:
- Working on collaborative relationships with prospective customers and 3rd parties
- Managing your diary in terms of visiting customers and being a visible presence at conferences, and other meetings
- Liaison and some mentorship of the in-house chemistry team to deliver proof of concept examples to clients
- Innovating in areas relevant to the execution of applied chemistry projects
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant chemistry field
- A track record in catalytic system screening, design and execution in industry
- A good team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
This client has started initial screening interviews so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up six years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.