This is a great job opportunity for an experienced computational chemist with proven industrial drug discovery expertise to step into an Associate Director - Computational Chemistry position at a pharmaceutical CRO firm based in the South East region. The Associate Director - Computational Chemistry role plays an important subject matter expert function in the team, supporting drug development projects for clients generally engaged in the pharmaceutical or drug discovery sectors.
Your day to day duties as the Associate Director - Computational Chemistry will be:
- Developing modelling methods and data in relation to structure-based and ligand-based discovery approaches
- Liaising with in-house lab-based chemistry teams
- Influencing the execution of discovery chemistry programmes
- Presenting new methods of data generation from programming/scripting
- Working on collaborative relationships with clients and 3rd parties to bring onboard further capability to the project at hand
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant chemistry field
- A track record in computational chemistry project execution in industry
- An excellent team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
This client is shortlisting for the role so please apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum).
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up six years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.