Currently recruiting on behalf of a leading global chemical and polymer manufacturer for an Applications & Development Chemist to work in a new central applications and development team working across all R&D teams including composites, adhesives, coatings and polymers. As a Development Chemist, you will be responsible for managing various short-term applications and development projects working closely within internal teams such as commercial, technical support and R&D, to deliver customer focussed applications & development projects.
To be considered for this Development Chemist, you will be degree educated in Chemistry or closely related subject (Polymer Science, Materials Science), along with previous industrial experience working within a development or applications role within the composites or adhesives sector.
- Manage and deliver various short-term development projects across multiple R&D streams.
- Develop products for new and existing applications and take them to market.
- Liaise with various internal teams to achieve the efficient delivery of products, including, R&D, Commercial, Technical Support and Plant teams.
- Hands on formulation of products and oversee scale-up and plant trials.
- Deliver technical support to customers.
- Develop the product portfolio by supporting product qualification and approval programmes.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry, Polymer Science or Materials Science
- Previous industrial experience working on the development of composites or adhesives.
- A strong background within polymer formulation and development
- Previous project management experience
- Excellent communication skills, someone who has previously worked within a customer focussed technical support role would be highly desirable.
- Previous industrial experience in taking products to market, including supporting scale-up to pilot and production scales would be highly desirable.