Meet the team Monday!
Week seven! As our team grows, it’s a privilege for us to share with you their stories and expertise. Last week you met Gareth Gooley, a valued member of our pharmaceutical team. Today, we are very pleased to introduce you to Gareth’s colleague and mentor in the pharmaceutical team: Simon Fowler. Simon is our Lead Recruitment Specialist, an established expert in scientific and technical recruitment for the UK pharmaceutical industry. We will share a staff story with you every Monday, until New Year’s Eve. We’ve extended our ‘Meet the team’ blogs by a week, as we have recently taken on another member of staff: Jenni Bates, who will support our Biotechnology team.
Simon was head-hunted himself to join Science Solutions in 2016 as a Lead Scientific Recruitment Specialist for our pharmaceutical team, and we are extremely proud and privileged to have him on board. He focuses on sourcing talent at all skill levels for pharmaceutical manufacturers and pharmaceutical contract development organisations.
Following a degree in Marketing and Management from UCLAN, Simon began a career in recruitment back in 2004, starting as a Client Manager and Consultant for engineering roles within the power, transmission and distribution industries. Following a few years in engineering recruitment, Simon moved into scientific and technical recruitment for a large corporate recruiter. He found his niche in this industry and from broader roles recruiting within pharmaceutical, chemical, food/industrial, medical device and petrochemical industries, Simon decided to focus on the UK pharmaceutical industry, where he can now offer many years of dedicated experience, backed up by his knowledge of the wider UK scientific and technical industries.
Simon excels in the full range of recruitment processes, from covering temporary roles and contingency right through to head-hunting and executive-level search assignments.
He is proud to work with a range of clients who always work with him for their ongoing recruitment needs. He prides himself on reputation and repeat business; delivering maximum effort, honesty and integrity – striving to continuously improve the service he can offer and endeavouring to develop his own skills as a recruitment professional.
- For executive-level appointments, overly technical roles, or those requiring rare skills sets, Simon can offer a retained head-hunting and advertising service, which gives each role absolute priority.
- For multiple role campaigns Simon can offer exclusive project options. He manages these campaign processes from start to finish.
- Simon offers a contingency service at a fair market rate; he adds value to this service through his industry knowledge network, effort, resources, method and attention to detail.
- Temporary and contract roles are also expertly managed – Simon offers competitive margins with a seamless payrolling process once the individuals are on board.
Working at Birchwood Park
Simon is based at our Birchwood Park office, on a popular business site housing 165 companies and providing an outstanding working environment, in a well-connected location. Wellness weeks, outdoor boot camps, Summer BBQ’s, film nights and allotments are just a few of the little extras that employees can benefit from.
Watching MCFC (since 1991 not 2008). Saturdays in the pub.
Away from the office Simon enjoys watching his favourite football team: Manchester City. He usually spends Saturdays in Manchester with his family (the Britons Protection being a particular favourite). TV-Wise, the Sopranos is Si’s go-to series. During the week he spends time boxing recreationally with Andy and Paul (in the gym, not in the office).
Do you have any questions for Simon?
- Would you like advice on how to start a career in the pharmaceutical industry?
- Are you looking for a new challenge in the pharmaceutical industry and you’d like some support with local or national opportunities, salary levels and career development?
- Would you like some advice and guidance on relocating for career enhancement?
- Are you responsible for recruitment and struggling to find the right talent for your team, or keen to find a recruiter with expertise and experience in the UK pharmaceutical industry?
- Are you looking for a temporary member for your team and you need to find the right skills quickly?
Post your question to Simon here, or don’t hesitate to contact him directly:
Simon Fowler 01925 377820 (direct line)
Science. Support. Success.
See Simon’s profile on our ABOUT US page:
Connect with Simon on LinkedIn:
Follow Simon on Twitter: