My client has a unique technology in the field of energy storage and solar photovoltaics. This technology can by manufactured using roll-to-roll technology already widely used thought-out the thin-films sector, removing additional process steps found in traditional techniques. Beginning as a start-up company, my client is now moving to large scale production and is looking for the right candidate to support that goal.
You will work on optimising the manufacturing process of thin-film devices, working alongside a variety of technical staff and researchers within the company, but also with a variety of clients and suppliers externally.
- Significant expertise in vacuum deposition technologies
- Experience in an R&D environment, ideally with experience of taking new processes through pilot scale stage and onto large scale manufacture.
- Experience of a variety of deposition methods -with a focus on sputtering, Roll-2-Roll deposition, but also including an appreciation of other deposition techniques.
- Knowledge of Physical Vapour Deposition (PVD) systems such as pumps, power supplies and water systems
- Experience of measuring & controlling film thickness
- Able to lead in yield improvement, cost reduction activities and cycle time reduction projects
- Initiate the improvement plan for sputter equipment, yield, product performance and cost reduction project
- Prepare reports when required
- Experience of leading a small team is preferable but a requirement
- PhD, Degree, or equivalent, in relevant Sciences
If you're an expert in vacuum deposition technologies at pilot or industrial scale please apply below!