An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technologist to join a leading manufacturer within the chemicals and polymers industry, based in Essex. As a Technologist you will join the Polymers R&D team to work within the pilot plant, working on application activities, supporting the development of lab methods, and conduct relevant testing.
To be considered for this Technologist, you will have a background in Science (Chemistry HNC or degree preferred), with some industrial experience spent within the laboratory within a chemicals environment. This position is open to someone with little to significant experience, looking to further develop their career.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the R&D application areas.
- Prepare and test materials to support development
- Provide technical support to operations and customers
- Analyse results and deliver solutions to any problems met
Knowledge and Experience
- A-Levels in Chemistry minimum, higher qualification or BSc in Chemistry preferred.
- At least 12 months spent within either a laboratory or manufacturing environment within manufacturing or testing, chemical or polymer preferred.
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft packages including Excel
- An understanding of polymers would be highly desirable.