An exciting new role has arisen for a Technologist to join a global leading materials manufacturer based near Ormskirk on a 12 months FTC, to work within the materials technology team. As a Technologist you will be responsible for developing new materials and improving existing manufacturing processes. You will investigate new materials technologies, working on various short-term and long-term development research projects.
To be considered for this Technologist, you will ideally be degree educated in Materials Science or Chemistry or HNC/HND, along with previous experience working within a materials or chemistry laboratory environment using various physical and mechanical testing methods.
- Work within the team on the development of new products and materials.
- Perform various tests and measurements within the materials lab.
- Develop new test methods to enhance testing capability.
- General laboratory and quality upkeep including ensuring HSE and Quality standards are maintained.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree educated in Materials Science or Chemistry, or HND/HNC or NVQ Level 3.
- Previous laboratory experience within chemistry or materials is essential.
- Previous industrial experience within materials testing would be highly desirable.
- Previous industrial experience within glass manufacturing would be highly desirable.