This is an opportunity for an experienced technical sales professional from a chemical additives area of expertise to build towards a full Technical Sales Manager role supporting the development of your clients operating in the areas of formulation of personal care, nutraceuticals and cosmetics. If you are energetic and interested in these areas then that will suit best, as you will need to demonstrate competency from a scientific point of view but also commercial knowledge around the branding strategy of the client.
Your day to day duties will be:
- Development and management of sales accounts and visiting clients in UK and abroad
- Blogging and related digital marketing to promote a chemical portfolio to clients
- Using data to optimise sales processes
- Building your own portfolio of clients in the industry via cold calling and warm leads
A background in the following is required for the role:
- Relevant degree relating to chemistry or similar
- A high degree of attention to detail in written English
- A flair for creating content on various media
- Any knowledge of graphics software like Photoshop is highly relevant
Please apply immediately for consideration as my client is interviewing right away.
For full consideration for this opportunity please apply with your CV (2 pages max., Word document format), plus your salary, location and eligibility to work in the UK details.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
Why would you work with Dr Paul Mears as your scientific specialist recruiter at Science Solutions?
I focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, which is where my own experience and network position me best given a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors. I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which followed a BSc in the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up six years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.