This is a great job opportunity for a highly experienced scientist with a track record in formulation science to step up into a senior level Technical Product Manager position for a UK firm offering this role as home-based with some travel aspects. As Technical Product Manager, you will oversee all product development projects in terms of exploring market niches via client feedback in order to innovate in novel areas. The successful appointment will build upon project management and technical sales and networking-type skills.
Your day to day duties as the Technical Product Manager will be:
- Managing the development of clients as main technical point of contact
- Overseeing the external branding as per the technical kudos
- Representing the firm at conferences and on key industry bodies
- Working on relationships with clients with key technical input in collaboration with the sales team
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant scientific field
- A track record in product development and launch in industry [pharmaceutical, personal care, agrochemical]
- A good team-working approach and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to create and innovate
- Interest in commercial "wins"
Interviews for the role are underway so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up six years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.