A global polymer manufacturer based in West Yorkshire are recruiting for a Technical Officer, which will cover product and process regulatory compliance, management of quality management systems as well as being involved in the development of new products. This role will involve customer and supplier contact as well as internal liaison between departments advising on any regulatory, quality or development issues.
To be considered for this Technical Officer, you will be degree educated in Chemistry or Polymer Science, with previous industrial experience in the management and implementation of ISO 9001, ISO 14001. Previous industrial experience spent within a development role within the polymers or materials sector, along with a good working knowledge of chemical regulatory compliance including REACh would be highly desirable.
- Ensuring all products meet with the relevant regulatory compliance including REACh.
- Manage the quality management system ISO 9001:2015.
- Implementation of ISO 14001.
- Provide technical support to sales, customers and production.
- Manage customer complaints.
- Develop polymeric products and development applications under guidance from the technical manager.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry or Polymer Science
- Must possess previous industrial experience managing quality management systems (ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001)
- Good working knowledge of regulatory affairs including REACh.
- Previous industrial experience within a technical role within the polymers/materials sector.
- Previous development experience from within the polymer formulation sector would be highly desirable but not essential.