This is an exciting opportunity to join an international company that works in the wallcovering market. The role will bridge the Design and Manufacturing departments, as you help to both develop new products and processes for the manufacture of wall coverings.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with PVC paste formulations, an understanding of manufacturing processing techniques, and the ability to work cross-departmentally and liaise with suppliers and customers to promote the company.
Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with colleagues and customers to create new products, increasing the flexibility and range of products made by the company - with a focus on PVC paste formulation.
- Continuous evaluation of the manufacturing process and raw materials used, to make processes more environmental, safer or to deliver cost savings.
- Liaising with suppliers and customers to assure the quality of the company's products and assuring the safety of its products and activities.
- Managing the technical department, working with specification control, control of formulation and COSHH assessments.
Key skills needed:
- A good knowledge of manufacturing, preferably in plastics or printing.
- Development experience in plastics.
- Familiarity with ISO 9002 and ISO 18001.
- A related degree in chemistry or polymer science.