£30,000 - £36,000
Our client is a successful, entrepreneurial company operating globally within the Health & Beauty and Household markets. Due to sustained growth and success, they are looking for a Technical Manager to join their team based at the Head Office in Dorset.
The successful candidate will liaise with technical personnel at retailers and manufacturing suppliers globally, delivering new product development projects and ensuring all technical elements are completed to the highest standard.
- Responsible for Health & Beauty, Household and Biocidal product development, compliance and launch.
- Working across technical teams in the UK and Asia, ensuring all technical aspects of the product development process are completed; safety assessments, product performance testing, regulatory compliance, and legal checks.
- Preparation of product specifications and quality contract with customers and manufacturing for QA functions.
- Responsible for the checking of product artwork, packaging and labelling for compliance in line with legislations.
- Liaison with internal teams such as product and commercial ensuring all technical requirements are adhered to during the full NPD process and new launches.
- Review of production paperwork.
- Investigation of customer complaints and non-conformances.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience of technical product development and delivery to market.
- Experience working with retail suppliers or brand development.
- Experience in a customer facing product development role.
- Good working knowledge of Quality Management Systems; HACCP, BRC, Allergen Controls, Internal Auditing.
- Scientific degree in Chemistry or similar.