Synthetic Organic Chemist - Essex
Our client is a chemical contract research organisation looking for a Synthetic Organic Chemist to join their team in the Essex / North London region. This role will consist of conducting a wide range of organic reactions for producing target compounds used in the speciality chemicals and pharmaceuticals industries. This role would be ideal for a PhD-qualified synthetic chemist with a specialism in medicinal chemistry, isotope chemistry or protein chemistry.
- Synthesising novel target compounds with a wide range of synthetic techniques
- Working to strict deadlines
- Working independently at the bench safely
- Characterisation of synthesised compounds
- Communicating well with customers and clients
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- A PhD in synthetic organic chemistry or a similar discipline
- Preferably some industrial experience either from a placement or past work in an industrial laboratory
- Experience with techniques such as gas chromatography, NMR and TLC
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Full right to work within the UK
Please respond as soon as possible with a copy of your CV in a word document format.