This is a fantastic opportunity to step up into a Study Director position where you will employ your technical expertise in a role with responsibilities for the project management of chemical data generation toward new active ingredient submission. Based in Cambridgeshire, the Study Director role is ideal for an accomplished scientist with a background in fields such as ecotoxicology or chemical testing within regulated laboratories.
Your day to day duties as a Study Director will be:
- Managing projects involving chemical data for new product submission against various regulatory, timeline and budgetary constraints
- Liaison with R&D and analytical staff to ensure regulatory (GLP) compliance
- Development and training of scientists within your team
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or higher, in a related scientific field
- A track record in analytical chemistry in a relevant GLP-compliant sector
- The ability to appreciate the commercial factors of a product-driven role
- Prior experience of environmental fate, metabolism, residues or related CRO activities
This client is already shortlisting for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
Why should you work with Dr Paul Mears as your scientific specialist recruiter at Science Solutions?
I focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, which is where my own experience and network position me best given a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors. I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which followed a BSc in the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up three years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.