About the job
In line with their current expansion, my client is looking for an experience Senior Scientist to join their exciting team.
Based in state-of-the-art facilities, your role as Senior Scientist will focus of developing materials for membrane separation, from initial concept, through development to scale-up and commercialisation. You will have previous experience with formulating coatings for porous membranes, managing projects and people, to ensure successful delivery of technical goals.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Develop novel coatings for porous polymer membranes
- Manage relationships with suppliers
- Enhancing existing technology by developing specific properties
- Act as the point of contact for a number of projects
- Design routes to scale-up processes, which are measurable and repeatable (using statistical quality control tools)
- Working with regulatory and safety frameworks.
- Managing a team of scientist to meet customer driven goals
- Display excellent communication skills
- Have a collaborative, can-do attitude and a desire to achieve team goals
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Doctoral level education in a relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years managing R&D projects
- 2 years managing a team
- Demonstrable knowledge of formulation, coatings and membrane filtration is essential
- Clear communicator at ease delivering results both internally and externally
- At ease working in groups, individually or with industrial collaborators
- Able to adapt to changing project challenges and act proactively
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety
- A good working knowledge of membrane technology and taking related technology through the product developement cycle.
- Competative Salary
- 26 days holiday (Excluding bank holidays)
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Company share option
- Company pension
If you're a senior scientist looking for that exciting next-step with a dynamic company, please apply below!