Science Solutions Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Senior Materials Scientist for a global materials manufacturer based in Worcestershire. As a Senior Materials Scientist you will be leading various projects providing expert materials science knowledge within the team and across the business. This includes leading numerous development projects to improve material development, process development and the performance of products. You will also be responsible for leading Materials Scientists to design and execute materials analysis and production trials at lab, pilot plant and full-scale production.
To be considered for this role as a Senior Materials Scientist you must be PhD educated in materials science or a closely related subject along with significant industrial experience within ceramics. Ideally you will also have experience in project management and leadership of junior members of a team.
- Leading multiple projects providing your expert knowledge in materials science.
- Lead multiple projects to improve material and process development.
- Lead the team to design and execute materials in all stages of production and development.
- Oversee the progression of junior scientists.
- Plan, direct and supervise technicians daily.
- Must be educated to PhD level or equivalent experience in materials science or a similar field.
- Candidates with proven R&D experience in ceramics will be considered.
- Must be willing to travel both nationally and international on occasion.
- Must have excellent record keeping of experiments in laboratories.