If you are a PhD graduate with a background in the development of nanoparticles and a hands-on characterisation skillset, then here is your chance of a permanent Senior Formulation Scientist position with an academic spin-out Biotech firm in the South East region. The Senior Formulation Scientist role sits in support of the synthetic and biology teams so some knowledge of organic or polymer chemistry, or bioassays, will be ideal. Perhaps you already have some prior lab-based experience in encapsulation of fine chemicals or pharmaceutical compounds and are looking to move to an ambitiously growing organisation. The successful appointment will be able to contribute to commercially sensitive projects for extremely exciting new drug discovery technology, and build upon both chemistry and biology skillsets with the potential to get your research into human clinical trials within a short period of time!
Your day to day duties as a Senior Formulation Scientist will be:
- Formulation of biocompatible polymers and similar materials into nanoparticles
- Researching and developing analytical and purification methods to support the synthetic projects
- Use of common analytical and purification methods towards high-purity drug candidates
- Research into new applications and chemistry/biological approaches
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A track record in formulation chemistry or closely relevant research
- A degree, or higher, in a relevant chemistry field
- The ambition to get your work on new drugs into clinical trials
- Some knowledge of GMP or other pharmaceutical/drug discovery laboratory working
- A good team-working approach across multiple disciplines
This client is already interviewing for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up seven years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.