Senior Formulation Scientist - Pharmaceutical Development Nr Chester - £25k-£28k
Fantastic company with the field of pharmaceutical contract development & manufacture.
Experiencing an sustained period of growth with heavy investment in people & facilities due to an outstanding period of success.
They are seeking an experienced Senior Formulation Scientist with experience in non-sterile dosage forms.
- Generate and Review (and challenge where necessary) working protocols and feasibility batch manufacturing records prior to implementation.
- Oversee and support formulation scientists to achieve their required practical development activities.
- Oversee experimental studies, day to day planning and can commit to deliver agreed project milestones on time.
- Review and ensure a right first time approach to practical activities, experimental write up and batch manufacturing records.
- Educate and guide the formulation team on a daily basis
- A minimum of 3 years' experience (ideally 5 years +) in pharmaceutical formulation development roles, is required.
- A proven track record in non-sterile dosage form development is a pre-requisite. Expertise in solid dose including powder characterisation and processing techniques including granulation and tablet compression are required. Experience with encapsulation of solid blends, and coating of solid dose forms is desired. Oral liquid and semi solid development experience in the arena of solubility enhancement, stability optimisation (preservative system selection, rheological assessment) and paediatric delivery are also desired. Experience in the design and scale up of topical or lyophilised products or controlled release products, would be an advantage
- The candidate must demonstrate the ability to plan, execute and deliver practical investigations (from conception to pilot scale) on time against pre-defined protocols. Able to be dynamic and 'data driven' in thought processes to overcome development results which conflict to pre-defined planned work. The candidate must have the ability to lead and train others in the practical aspects of formulation development, and to lead trouble-shooting activities during the processing of complex formulations.
- A thorough knowledge of the principles and execution of GMP and Health and Safety within laboratory/pilot areas is expected.
- General responsibilities will include supervising/mentoring teams and training the formulation team in practical skills, data analysis and reporting techniques. Whilst the role may not require the applicant to perform analytical testing of products, a thorough understanding of analytical techniques used during pre-formulation studies and method development is essential.
The candidate must exhibit the following attributes:
- Knowledge in non-sterile dosage form development including both oral solids and liquid dosage forms.
- A logical, scientific approach to challenges/development activities.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the necessity to deliver projects on time whilst meeting the expectations of a client and business.
- Flexible and adaptable to the ongoing changes/demands of multiple projects and challenges.
Please apply now to be considered immediately