Formulation Chemist – FMCG Household – Manchester
As a Senior Formulation Chemist, you will be at the forefront of a small lab team being heavily involved with the direction of the business. You will have the chance to be innovative and bring your ideas to the table having director level contact. The company is proud of their longevity record with having several people who have been with the business for 20 years plus. Formulation chemists are also well looked after with regular reviews and pay rises. Also, within your role as a formulation chemist you will have a variety of work and real job satisfaction.
- Manage projects independently, from concept through to launch.
- Develop formulations top meet the brief requirements.
- Produce samples for external approval and testing.
- Carry out stability testing and arrange external testing.
- Check and approve artwork.
- Reformulate existing products to meet regulatory / supply issues.
- Manufacturing support such as technical support to blenders, track repeated additions to batches, carry out analytical analysis and carry out training for manufacturing staff
- General lab duties including ensuring pH meters in the lab are calibrated daily and ensuring all electronic files are up to date
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with in liquid formulating FMCG, household, personal care or transferable products
- Good organisational skills and self-motivated
- Ability to suggest and implement changes to improve systems, processes and equipment reliability. Organising Raw Materials, Fragrances, Extracts and Dyes ensuring all are labelled correctly.
If you are interested in this Senior Formulation Chemist role please send me a word version of your CV and some availability for a chat