We are currently recruiting for a Senior Development Chemist for a coatings manufacturer to be based at their new site based in Nottinghamshire. As a Senior Development Chemist you will be responsible for autonomously carrying out various R&D projects; formulating and characterising a variety of coatings and paints to the required standards. You will also be responsible for the scale up formulation for pilot trials and production batches, and liaison with production, quality and commercial departments.
To be considered for this Senior Development Chemist, you will be degree educated in Chemistry and possess significant industrial experience within the development of a range of coatings and industrial paints, with experience in overseeing the manufacturing of these coatings also.
- Execute a range of formulation and development projects of industrial paints and coatings.
- Scale up formulation for pilot plant and production batches.
- Project management, with liaison with production, quality and commercial teams.
- Provide technical support and advice to customers.
- Ensure the highest quality of coatings through testing and analysis of raw materials and finished product.
- Liaison with suppliers and sourcing of new materials to meet changes in legislation.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree educated in Chemistry or Polymer Science.
- Possess significant industrial experience within the paints and coatings sector.
- Skilled in delivering new products controlling the project at all aspects including development, scale-up, production and technical support.