Currently recruiting for a Senior Development Chemist to join a leading polymer & chemicals materials manufacturer for their site based in Northamptonshire. As a Senior Development Chemist you will be responsible for leading various development projects within coatings, adhesives and polymer formulated products. You will also be responsible for the leadership of Development Chemists and Technicians within the team and working closely with various internal and external contacts to deliver formulation expertise and new product development from concept and feasibility through to market launch of polymer formulated products.
To be considered for this Senior Development Chemist you will be at least degree qualified in Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer Science or closely related subject. Those with further qualifications (MSc/PhD) within polymer chemistry would be highly desirable. Also you will have significant experience in the delivery of new products onto market within coatings, adhesives or polymer formulated products, including the development from lab scale through to delivery to customers.
- Plan and delivery various long and short-term development projects related to polymer formulated products.
- Maintain a good understanding of all IP and legislation relating to polymer formulated products.
- Provide leadership to 4 chemists and technicians within the team, and deputise for the manager within the team when required.
- Develop new products for new applications and take them onto market including managing the scale-up of products from lab-scale, through pilot plant to full scale manufacturing.
- Communicate with other internal R&D functions including applications, technical services and commercial teams.
- Liaise with plant to assist with the scale-up of new products and assist with any technical queries.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and trade associations to maintain industry knowledge.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree educated in Chemistry, Polymer Science or closely related subject. PhD would be highly desirable.
- Previous experience of the deliver of polymer formulated products onto market, from concept through to launch.
- Significant formulation and development of coatings, inks, adhesives, composites or polymer formulated products.
- Scale-up of polymers to plant scale would be highly desirable.