Senior Development Chemist
Salary £35,000+ per annum (Negotiable DOE)
Monday - Friday
Experts in developing and manufacturing specialist cleaning products, including drain care, bin care, technology cleaning and traditional chemicals. We continue to expand and develop a successful portfolio of market leading brands across the globe through category leading innovation and pioneering new products.
You will be a Senior Development Chemist, reporting to the Technical Manager, you will Lead the development of new and existing products and processes. Ensure products are appropriately tested and comply to meet the agreed marketing brief, safety issues and legislation requirements in country of sale. Ensure GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) is evident in the research laboratory at all times. Manage the scale up of successful laboratory NPD/EPD projects into full scale production, including process validation. Carry out efficacy, stability and compatibility tests. You will create and maintain technical documentation, ensuring it is up to date and accurate i.e. Batch Mixes, SDS, COSHH, Risk assessments, Technical Specs, etc. Technical Documentation is submitted in full on DocuWare for approval.
- Provide technical advice to customers and suppliers when required.
- Be up to date with industry legislations. Support the Technical Team to ensure all
products, artworks, and chemical formulations comply with legal requirements (i.e.:
CLP, REACH, BPR, ADR and country-specific regulations); both in the UK and abroad.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, ensuring it is up to date and
accurate i.e. Batch Mixes, SDS, COSHH, Risk assessments, Technical Specs, etc.
- Technical Documentation is submitted in full on DocuWare for approval.
- Advise Production Department, Quality Team and in technical / chemical-related
- Manage and develop all direct reports.
- Ability to carry out chemical analysis.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Product knowledge (bleach containing formulations; biocide(s) containing sanitisers; household cleaning products).
- Data analysis.
- Project planning.