Science Solutions Recruitment are working directly with a leading global materials manufacturer. Our client is on the hunt for a Senior Customer Engineer for their composite materials department based in Derbyshire. As a Senior Customer Engineer, will be working across multiple departments including quality, R&D, research and many more.
In order to be considered for the role of Senior Customer Engineer, you must possess significant experience in working with composite materials and be degree qualified as a minimum in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Materials Science, Materials Engineering or a similar field. You must also possess previous experience in a customer facing role.
- Be confident in your approaches when meeting project and customer objectives, suggesting and using new materials and techniques in order to develop products and process techniques.
- You must be able to present experimental results and arguments both internally and externally.
- Writing detailed technical reports and maintaining accurate records of any work carried out and offer suggestions when necessary.
- Hands on involvement of training up new staff as and when required.
- You must also be open to travelling to EMEA regions and further afield to meet with customers and offer your technical expertise to resolve any issues and improve products. travel can consist of anywhere between 10%-50% of the time.
- You must be degree qualified as a minimum in either Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Materials Science, Materials Engineering or a similar field. Having a PhD in either of these fields is advantageous.
- Solid technical knowledge of composite materials.
- Strong and confident communication skills for communicating within the team and both internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role is highly advantageous.
- Previous experience with composites in the automotive industry is also highly advantageous.
If you have the relevant experience please apply to this role or send your CV directly to my email address at