We are currently recruiting for a Senior Chemist to join a leading building materials manufacturer based in Lancashire. Working within their R&D team, you will be responsible for leading the product development projects, overseeing all quality control of products, and ensuring product compliance to the relevant bodies.
To be considered for this Senior Chemist position you will degree educated in Chemistry or closely related subject, and have previous industrial experience in the development of cementitious materials, adhesives or coatings. Ideally you will have industrial experience form the building materials sector, however we can looking at those with development experience from other coatings sectors.
- Lead product development projects within the building materials sector - cementitious materials, adhesives, coatings etc.
- Ensure product compliance to the relevant standards.
- Oversee all quality control of products.
- Provide technical support to customers when required.
- Ensure H&S standards are maintained carrying out COSHH and Risk Assessments and writing SDS's.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry or closely related subject.
- Previous development of cementitious materials, adhesives, coatings and a wide range of building material products.
- Good working knowledge ISO and BBA standards.
- Previous experience carrying out the required quality testing on various building material products.