Here is a career progression opportunity for an experienced chemical analyst or study director who has worked for several years in GxP laboratories - this expanding CRO firm based in the South East region are now recruiting a Senior Analytical Chemist. This Senior Analytical Chemist role will build on prior GxP knowledge and experience - primarily as a method developer for novel formulated products - so you may come from a pharmaceutical product release background. The successful appointment will develop their experience of high value project management within GxP-compliant facilities for excellent career progression potential.
Your day to day duties as a Senior Analytical Chemist will be:
- Conducting laboratory testing to provide GxP-compliant data
- Prioritising lab-based workload per project demands
- Calibration and maintenance of platforms such as HPLC, LC-MS, GC, etc
- Troubleshooting and out-of-spec investigations when required
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A degree, or equivalent, in a scientific field
- Good knowledge of commonly employed laboratory testing methods
- Track record of GxP compliance in an analytical laboratory
- A high level of attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The desire to continue a high-level of career development
This client is already interviewing for the role so I would like you to apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum) so as to not miss out on the opportunity.
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
When choosing your scientific recruitment specialist, why should it be Dr Paul Mears, Head of Chemical recruitment, at Science Solutions?
The team I manage here focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, and related areas such as drug discovery and agrochemicals, which is where my own experience and network position me best for clients and job seekers alike. Supplemented by a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors, I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which came after graduating with a BSc at the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up six years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.