Exciting new role! - Senior Analytical Chemist - #Yorkshire
One of the leading development and manufacturing companies in Specialty Materials are recruiting for a Senior Analytical Chemist to join the materials testing department. As Senior Analytical Chemist you will be testing a wide range of raw materials, intermediate compounds and final products.
An important aspect of this role will involve method development and method validation to support the R&D Teams. This will be an ideal role for a Senior Analytical Chemist with experience in handling hazardous materials to develop their skills in analytical chemistry.
- Managing the day-to-day running, planning and operation of the laboratory
- Maintaining test methods, equipment and facilities, updating safety assessments involving COSHH and Risk assessments
- Extensive experience in wet chemistry and analysis techniques involving GC, MS, HPLC, Combustion Ion Chromatography, Karl Fischer, FTIR and UV-Vis
- Carry out and oversee method development and Validation
- Supporting other areas of materials testing and evaluation departments
- Minimum BSc qualification in Chemistry or another science related degree
- Experience handling hazardous chemicals and raw materials
- 5-10 years of industrial experience working with HPLC, GC and MS and Method development.
- Experience handling COSHH and risk assessments
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good understanding of process specifications and standards
To find out more and apply to this role please use the link below with an up to date CV.