We are currently recruiting for a Scientist (Materials) for a leading Materials manufacturer based in Merseyside. As a Scientist you will be responsible for developing new business through innovations in chemistry, materials and process development within high-temperature materials. You will lead the hands-on development across various innovations projects relating to thermal and ceramic materials, which include experimental design, technical investigations into materials, and supporting product trials both internally and oversees.
To be considered for this Scientist, you will be degree educated in Chemistry, Materials Science/Engineering or closely related subject, with previous industrial experience within materials manufacturing. Someone with a strong understanding of thermal and ceramic materials would be highly desirable, as would someone with demonstrable experience working within product development/project management in the industry.
- Design various laboratory chemical, physical and engineering experiments.
- Lead the hands-on development across various innovations projects relating to thermal and ceramic materials.
- Conduct lab scale tests and protocols with a view of proving product specifications or process validation.
- Conduct undertake equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Perform risk assessments on new tests.
- Apply stage gate methodology to projects.
- Perform experimental investigations within materials innovations projects.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree educated in Materials Science, Engineering or Chemistry.
- Previous industrial experience within materials manufacturing.
- Someone with a strong understanding of thermal or ceramic materials would be highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience working within product development/project management in the industry would be highly desirable.