A global polymer manufacturer based in Essex are recruiting for a Scientist to work within an exciting central technology and applications team, coordinating and leading innovation projects in platform technology focussing on sustainability. To be considered for this Scientist position, you will have a PhD in Chemistry or Polymer Chemistry, with previous industrial experience of polymer synthesis, emulsion polymerisation and polymer characterisation. Ideally you will have previous project management and managerial experience within R&D or applications/technology teams.
- Responsible for leading and delivering technical platform programs relating to sustainability innovation.
- Develop new platforms based on chemistry and product applications.
- Represent the company at conferences delivering scientific presentations.
- Responsible for the performance management and personal development of direct reports in the team.
- Provide technical input into business segment strategy.
- Demonstrate SHE leadership through behaviours and set standards within the team.
Knowledge and Experience
- PhD in Chemistry or Polymer Science
- Must possess previous industrial experience within polymer chemistry, emulsion polymerisation and polymer characterisation.
- Previous industrial experience working on sustainability projects within the polymers sector is highly desirable.
- Previous project or line management experience.
- Possesses significant process safety knowledge.