Role: Research Scientist - New Product Innovation
Salary: Highly competitive
Do you have an understanding of chemistry and formulation science? Are you good at picking up new technical concepts? If this is you, we would like to hear from you. You will be enthusiastic have a background in formulation, product development and a keen interest within Personal Care, Home Care and Materials.
- Plan and work on Research & Development Projects, working closely with the Lead Scientist.
- Build knowledge around products from personal care, home care and materials ingredients and their use in finished product systems.
- Develop and implement new chemical and physical characterisation methods, processing techniques and product analyses to characterise functionality of our ingredients at the molecular level.
- Apply learning from scientific investigations and problem solving to support commercially driven development of a new formulated products containing our ingredients.
- Understand ingredient usage, product formulation, considerations affecting shelf-life and sensory / clinical evaluation of products containing our ingredients. Compile specifications and safety information for developed products.
- Create and maintain inventories records of all ingredients, chemicals and equipment used in the chemistry laboratories.
- Engage with industry experts on formulation science topics and support Life Science, Clinical & Regulatory Affairs and Business Development teams as needed.
- Analyse results and write reports summarising findings and conclusions for senior management. Present results and discuss findings as part of weekly meetings.
- Strong chemistry and formulation science fundamentals, including >1 year of relevant industry experience and/or a post-graduate qualification in a chemistry related field.
- Understanding of science behind personal and home care ingredients and knowledge of formulating products.
- Proven laboratory experience, ideally gained within an industrial lab environment and a professional approach with excellent attention to detail.
- An understanding of green chemistry principles, and the ability to apply these to the development of new sustainable products.
- Ability to undertake multiple projects simultaneously to deliver against tight deadlines and to contribute both as part of a team and individually.
- Analytically minded, with excellent communication skills: both written and oral. Evidence of technical report preparation and delivering presentations to various audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Passion about disruptive products and making a difference.
- Strong work ethic - prepared to put in extra hours when then are really needed.
- Experience of working across academic and commercial chemistry research laboratories