Role: Research & Development Chemist
Our client has an opportunity for an R & D Chemist to work within the R & D Department, developing new and innovative products. You will have experience within formulating products such as; detergents, biocidal, cosmetics or veterinary medicines.
- Product Development, developing new and existing products from concept to launch.
- Including product performance improvements, innovation, cost saving, regulatory compliance and rationalisation, across a large product portfolio.
- Convert successful formulations into manufacturing instructions, supporting the scale-up from laboratory to production.
- Test method development, develop new methods for evaluating product performance.
- Evaluate new / alternative raw materials to ensure regulatory compliance, including full analysis, product compatibility studies, and liaise with raw material manufacturers and suppliers.
- Provide technical support across the business including answering technical queries from internal and external customers.
- Support manufacturing and investigate production problems.
- Work closely with various departments, including Quality Control, Regulatory, Microbiology, Production, Purchasing, Marketing and Sales.
- Minimum HNC Chemistry.
- At least 5 years experience formulating products for either Industrial and Institutional or Livestock Protection sectors is essential. Such as detergents, biocidal products, cosmetics or veterinary medicines.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations, such as CLP, BPR, REACH, Cosmetic Regulations, Detergents Regulations would be desirable.
- Good communication skills are essential with the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be computer literate and able to prioritise work.
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn and self-motivated.