A leading manufacturer in the chemicals sector are currently recruiting for a Shift Team Leader for their site near Sheffield, South Yorkshire, to manage a group of production staff to deliver key production targets to the required timescales ensuring a high level of HSE is maintained. As a Shift Team Leader, you will be directly responsible for 4 production operatives to manage production delivery, co-ordinate incoming and outgoing materials and be responsible for incident management for the team. You will be working in a highly hazardous COMAH site, so applying best practice HSE and continuous improvement methods are also key.
Previous experience of working shifts is essential, as this role will operate on 12 hours shifts on a 24/7 site. This will consist of 8 days and 6 nights across a 35 days cycle.
To be considered for this Shift Team Leader position, you will have significant experience in supervision/leadership role within the chemicals sector, in a highly hazardous chemical environment. Someone with previous experience of emergency/incident management would be highly desirable.
- Manage a production team to deliver daily and weekly targets meeting the relevant quality and HSE required standards.
- Co-ordinate material resources both import and export.
- Ensure compliance and HSE procedures across the production team is closely adhered to.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects across production.
- Responsible for out of hours production decisions when required, and act as an emergency/incident responder.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous supervision/leadership experience in the chemicals manufacturing sector, within a hazardous chemicals (COMAH) environment.
- Demonstrable experience of applying best practice HSE and continuous improvement methods.
- Ability and flexibility of 24/7 shift working as well as being out of hours responder when required.
- Previous experience as an emergency/incident manager would be highly desirable.