Currently recruiting for an R&D Technician for a global coatings leader in the South Yorkshire area. As an R&D Technician you will be responsible supporting the development of new and existing formulations on the bench, as well as performing analytical and application tests on raw materials and finished product. You will also be responsible for assisting in the scale up process of new formulated products from lab scale to pilot and full-scale production, as well as supporting the development of new methods.
To be considered for this R&D Technician you will be degree qualified in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or closely related subject, along with previous industrial experience in the development of polymer formulated materials. We would be happy to look at anyone with formulation experience from the coatings, adhesives, inks, cosmetics, or personal care sectors. Someone with experience of working with polymer additives would be highly desirable.
- Supporting the development of new and existing formulations on the bench.
- Assist in the scale up of new formulated products from lab scale to pilot plant and full-scale production.
- Develop a strong knowledge of analytical testing equipment.
- Perform application testing in line with SOP's.
- Provide reports and updates on new product development activities.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree educated in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or closely related subject.
- Previous industrial experience in the formulation of polymer products (coatings, adhesives, inks, chemicals, personal care products)
- High attention to detail, with a good level of verbal and written communication essential.
- Previous knowledge of working with polymer additives, emulsions and silicones would be highly desirable.
Lead Scientific Recruitment Consultant (Polymers & Coatings) - Science Solutions Recruitment