We are recruiting on behalf of an adhesives manufacturer, for an R&D Technician to join their site based in Derbyshire. As an R&D Technician, you will assist in the development of new adhesive products, and carry out a wide range of mechanical, QC and lab-based tests on a variety of finished products and raw materials.
To be considered for this role, you will ideally have a BSc in Chemistry or a related subject, with a strong understanding of both wet chemical, and mechanical laboratory testing methods.
- To assist in projects developing new adhesive products, and explore opportunities to improve existing products and reduce costs
- To conduct a range of laboratory tests on a wide range of finished products and raw materials
- Assist with the resolution of issues in products, collaborating internally with relevant departments
- Prepare commercial product sample requests as required by the sales team
Qualifications and Experience:
- A BSc in Chemistry or related subject is desirable, however A levels or equivalent in Chemistry can be considered
- Experience working in an industrial laboratory is desirable
- A strong understanding of wet chemical and mechanical laboratory testing methods would be beneficial