Currently recruiting for an R&D Technician for a leading materials manufacturer based in the Cambridgeshire area. As an R&D Technician you will be part of a materials research and development team working on various projects providing technical support to improve either products, processes or technology. This department will be focussed within new product development and focussed around more blue-sky R&D - an exciting role for a Chemistry graduate or those looking to gain more experience within industry. As an R&D Technician you will also be responsible for working with the team leader to plan new R&D projects as well as complying data and test results from experiments and projects to deliver technical reports and presentations for internal teams.
To be considered for this R&D Technician, you will be degree educated in Chemistry or Materials Science. We are happy to look at straight graduates for this position and those that are looking to take their first steps into industry and develop with an industry leading company. You will have practical experience of working within a chemistry or materials science laboratory, either through university or industry.
- Assist on new product development projects to provide technical support to the team.
- Develop and improve products, processes, and technology within the team.
- Assist the team leader in the planning of materials development projects.
- Compile technical reports and presentations on results and data to internal teams.
- Develop a strong understanding of materials development.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree educated in Chemistry, Materials Science or closely related subject.
- Practical experience of working within a chemistry or materials science laboratory either through university or industry.
- Keen eye for detail with the ability to demonstrate a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to undertake day-to-day laboratory duties within minimal supervision.