A leading company within the coatings industry are looking for an expereinced R&D Chemist to join their team and support the formulation of their inks business.
To be considered for this role you will hold a degree in Chemistry or related subject and hold previous experience in the formulation of inks or coatings.
- Conducting research and development for new and existing formulated ink products.
- Leading ink research activities in areas concerning colorant and polymer formulation, jetting, color matching, ink physical properties (viscosity, surface tension, dynamic ST, etc.) for Ink-Jet inks.
- Working to rapid deadlines with shifting priorities whilst producing high quality, accurate and reliable data. Maintaining sufficient records of work.
- Use specialized scientific software and Excel.
- Lead process improvement projects.
- Maintain technical expertise in the field of inks and coatings including new developments in processes and chemistry.
- Continue to raise personal capabilities and develop an awareness of other ink technologies.
- Interact with others within the department to maximize their effectiveness and improve the technical knowledge base within the R&D group.
- Interact with Tech Services, QC, Production, Marketing & other R&D teams as necessary to provide information, data and samples to the customer.
- Perform job according to pre-established safety, quality, and efficiency standard operating procedures.
- Assist with other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelor of Science Degree Required, Masters/ PhD/ EngD advantageous (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Color Science, Dispersion Science, Polymer Chemistry, Formulation Science or similar).
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the inks and coating industry, water base inkjet ink experience, is preferred.
- The ability to travel up to 10% annually, including some international travel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.