We are currently recruiting for an R&D Chemist to join a specialist industrial coatings manufacturer based in East London. As an R&D Chemist you will responsible for supporting the R&D team in the delivery of new product development projects or to improve existing products. This role involves working closely with customers in the delivery of bespoke specialist coatings, as well as handling any customer complaints and providing technical support to customers across Europe.
To be considered for this R&D Chemist position you will be degree educated in Chemistry or closely related subject, with previous industrial experience within formulation from either the coatings, polymers or personal care/cosmetics sector.
- Support the R&D team in the delivery of NPD and improving existing coatings.
- Investigate new raw materials and develop a strong working relationship with suppliers.
- Investigate and resolves customer complaints.
- Provide specialist technical support to customers across the UK and Europe when required.
- Ensure compliance and quality is maintained to various standards including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum BSc in Chemistry or closely related subject.
- Previous formulation and development of polymers such as coatings, inks or personal care products is essential.
- Working knowledge of quality standards such as ISO 9001.
- Must have a driving licence and be able to travel to customer sites.